MTE
You Must Log-In.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MTE
You Must Log-In.
MTE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official "EXAMS SUCK thread

+5
pauliedesantos
TIE Fighter
Troll
Peppy
Saint Joey
9 posters

Go down

The Official "EXAMS SUCK  thread Empty The Official "EXAMS SUCK thread

Post by Saint Joey Mon May 18, 2009 10:43 pm

So, it's exam season in the humble country of (not-so) Great Britain. Along with exams and revision we are moving out of high school and on to newer and hopefully better things... maybe.

So, I thought this would be a good way to get people together to tell each other the differences between British and American systems, how badly you did, and some crazy celebration stories where you got drunk and passed out after making out with your dog.

Who wants to go first?
Saint Joey
Saint Joey
Jobber
Jobber

Back to top Go down

The Official "EXAMS SUCK  thread Empty Re: The Official "EXAMS SUCK thread

Post by Peppy Tue May 19, 2009 12:24 pm

And Australian ? Come On ?
Peppy
Peppy
Jobber
Jobber

Gimmick
Alignment: Heel
Feuds / Enemies: Insert Feuds / Enemies
Friends.: Mimik , Tom Walsh And The Rest

Back to top Go down

Post by Troll Tue May 19, 2009 12:43 pm

Comon the exam season is starting after 3 weeks here Sad

For now everything here is cool, i am working a lot, so the university is on a backstage, but now i have to study a lot Sad

I don't have interesting story's i can say that the Bulgarian education system is one of the shittest in the world and we are totally screwed.....

So here is one funny story - this is my 3rd exam in my first exam session when i was for a 1st year in my university - 2 years ago.

So we had an exam in physics, our lecturer was Mr. Lutskanov - put all of the tittles infront of the name like - doctor, injeneer, professor and str. He is a chief of the physics department as well. (btw i am studying electronics)

Well, the exam was at hand, 8 o'clock at the morning we were at the room. Before that my colegues were talking, kidding, loughing - how they can pass this exam easily cos they wrote on their notebooks a lot of things with invisible ink, you can see it only if you light it with a lazer.(in our university we have a special notebooks only for our exam period - so you cannot make a "king gun" - means to cheat). Well the bad thing was that one of the assistents heard that from my colegues and probablly he report that to our lecturer. And I remember when in one lecture, Mr. Lutskanov said - i was developing a new project which can be better than the "bypass" and it will help people to avoid heart attacks with lazer technologies - instead of the bypass.
So imagine when he gave us the topics - he said - ok guys, i know the exam is hard - put your notebooks and student books in the left corner of the desks and read for 5 minutes. Well that was perfect! But what was his main idea - he checked all of the notebooks with a lazer! And he cutted our 2 students who tried to cheat.
So when they went out, one of them - his name was Anton, asked - Mr. Lutskanov - when is the resit?
He just said - the resit is for the people who has poor (2), you will just end your education for one year......And true - they begun again next year Sad
Troll
Troll
Mid Carder
Mid Carder

http://www.vampirefreaks.com/Arthas

Back to top Go down

Post by Saint Joey Tue May 19, 2009 1:54 pm

Ouch! Unlucky! I guess that'll teach them to cheat! Razz

"And Australian ? Come On ?"

Oh, alright then...
Saint Joey
Saint Joey
Jobber
Jobber

Back to top Go down

Post by TIE Fighter Wed May 20, 2009 11:34 am

I never really had any exams, after about turning 14 I never really cared for school much and was absent for most of the time, I managed to get myself banned from my local Highschool for playing with fire extinguishers and a teacher. That did not go well. Because back then parents were tough, I had to drop out and start working. School was fun though. "When" I was there.
TIE Fighter
TIE Fighter
General Manager
General Manager

Gimmick
Feuds / Enemies: X-Wing
Friends.: The Lion King

http://thevortex.roleplaylife.net

Back to top Go down

Post by pauliedesantos Wed May 20, 2009 12:31 pm

good luck y'all. have finished with exams for life. and actually passed most of them that i sat. my little secret for all is to treat them like a game show! pretend you are on Who Wants To Be A Millionaire with no life lines and just guess the hell out of the answers. maybe i am just lucky, but worked for me!
pauliedesantos
pauliedesantos
Main Event
Main Event

Gimmick
Alignment: Face
Feuds / Enemies: Morticia
Friends.: Insert Friends here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Peppy Wed May 20, 2009 2:05 pm

TIE Fighter wrote:I never really had any exams, after about turning 14 I never really cared for school much and was absent for most of the time, I managed to get myself banned from my local Highschool for playing with fire extinguishers and a teacher. That did not go well. Because back then parents were tough, I had to drop out and start working. School was fun though. "When" I was there.
''

Sounds Fun ^_^.

School didn't really mean much to me either i mean i finished but yeah i was so much more focused on sports >Smile . Broken arms and legs .. even a wrist don't ask me how .. School was great ! Smile
Peppy
Peppy
Jobber
Jobber

Gimmick

Back to top Go down

Post by captaindestroyer Thu May 21, 2009 4:44 am

Graduated High School in 1987....yes I am that old. I have forgotten what taking an exam was like but I don't remember enjoying the experience. Did 4 years in the US Air Force then got my AAS at a community college...again exams were not enjoyable. Now I work more than I want to but the bills have to get paid so nothing I can do about that. I play a lot of these browser games in my spare time.
GLB.com...American Football and takes most of my time as I OC for 4 teams
Court Rivals...basketball
MMO Baseball...baseball
Alphabounce.com..breakout type game
KadoKado.com...various games
Metrohockey...Hockey
11 Strong...soccer browser game
And of course Thewrestlinggame.com
captaindestroyer
captaindestroyer
Main Event
Main Event

Back to top Go down

Post by Peppy Thu May 21, 2009 12:48 pm

i paly like 11 strong and glb anmd alpha bounce ! Smile
Peppy
Peppy
Jobber
Jobber

Gimmick

Back to top Go down

Post by feylancer Thu May 28, 2009 5:48 pm

LMAO TIE! I'm somehow glad that I dropped by this thread for once.. xP
feylancer
feylancer
Mid Carder
Mid Carder

Gimmick
Feuds / Enemies: MaHeM
Friends.: TIE Fighter, Alex Snow

Back to top Go down

Post by Mauler Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:21 am

Hey dude feylancer ur in the phillipines?I'm a half filipino man!Nice to know you!
Mauler
Mauler
Main Event
Main Event

Gimmick
Feuds / Enemies: Jester Of Justice/Jester Of Justice
Friends.: TIE Fighter

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellkat Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:32 pm

I never had a problem with exams, I have a high IQ, a reading speed fast enough that it has gotten me in trouble with teachers, and a brain that soaks up enough useless trivia for me to be able to answer thirty of the 61 questions on Jeopardy! as often as not. It was only on rare occassions that I actually studied the material.

I make my money as a freelance fiction author, which has been developed from something I've done as a hobby for 13 years. E-fedding (essentially what we do here without the game bit as a foundation) helped me develop a great deal as a writer, oddly enough.

I had one semester of college before I left, after being royally screwed over.

They didn't tell me what dropping a class means, as I couldn't attend one class due to a medical condition I had developed (severe morning sickness that I've since learned is a mix of allergies and acid reflux), and they told me the drop deadline one day before it.

They didn't tell me that in order to actually get classes for the next semester, I'd ought to register in November. They told me this in December, after finals.

And then I got totally screwed over in one class because apparently somewhere along the way I missed an assignment, after doing everything humanly possible to determine if there had been anything in the last class every single time I was absent.

I left due to the real big "We don't give a shit about you or your education. You're just a means to getting a paycheck" vibe I got from the system. Very hands off, very impersonal, very institutional.
Hellkat
Hellkat
Star
Star

Gimmick
Alignment: Face
Feuds / Enemies:
Friends.:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content